Frankincense is called the King of Essential Oils and for good reason - it has a massive breadth of benefits and the doTERRA Premium Frankincense essential oil can be used aromatically, topically or internally to maximise it's reach.
The oil is a proprietary blend of resins from four species of Boswellia trees, Boswellia carterii, Boswellia sacra, Boswellia papyrifera, and Boswellia frereana.
Boswellia trees have been celebrated for centuries. The Babylonians and Assyrians would burn the tree resin in religious ceremonies and for contemplative meditation. The ancient Egyptians used it in perfumes and salves for soothing skin. Oil from the resin has long been used in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese health practices. According to pre-clinical research, Frankincense essential oil may promote healthy cellular function when taken internally.* Experimental research suggests internal use of Frankincense, high in α-pinene, may provide soothing effects to the body.* Because of the oil’s significant level of α-pinene, preclinical research also indicates Frankincense may help maintain healthy skin structure.* Nourishing and clarifying as an addition to daily skin care, the oil’s warm, spicy, herbal aroma creates a relaxing, calming and uplifting atmosphere.
Winter can be tough on skin due to the cold and dry weather. Fortunately, the king of essential oils (Frankincense) is here to help! Its properties will help your skin to look rejuvenated and its aroma will bring you a much-needed sense of satisfaction, peace and relaxation.
How to Use:
1. Skin Soothing: The chemical properties of Frankincense oil will provide a comforting sensation to your skin and give a healthy-looking complexion that lasts all day.
2. Massage: Treat your hands, feet, or other desired areas with a massage, and create an aromatic massage oil to accompany it! Combine two to three drops of Frankincense oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil and incorporate into a comforting massage. Frankincense oil will provide a soothing and warming skin sensation that complements your massage.
3. Yoga and Meditation: Start your day with the relaxing aroma of Frankincense essential oil by diffusing during your daily practices of yoga or meditation. Alternatively, roll doTERRA Touch Frankincense onto your wrists and neck while you repeat daily affirmations. While these practices aid you in focusing your intention for the day, the scent of Frankincense essential oil will serve as a calm reminder to stay centered in the present moment.
4. Moisturizing: Whenever your hands, elbows, or other trouble areas are feeling dry, especially during harsh weather, add two drops of Frankincense essential oil to the hand and body lotion of your choice. The inclusion of Frankincense will not only provide a warm, grounded aroma, but it will also provide an additional soothing sensation on the skin while you moisturize.
5. Nail Care: While great for improving the appearance of healthy-looking hands and skin, you can also apply Frankincense oil to maintain clean, healthy-looking fingernails. Simply place a drop of Frankincense oil onto your nail and rub it around the cuticles and edges of your fingernails. You can also apply doTERRA Touch Frankincense to your nailbeds if they need additional moisturizing.
6. Foot Care: Add one drop of Frankincense oil to a large bowl of steaming water as a part of a warm footbath. Frankincense oil provides both a peaceful, rejuvenating aroma and can help improve the look and feel of your feet.
7. Diffusion: Diffusing Frankincense in your home fills the space with a warm and peaceful aroma. You can also try this amazing “Star in the East” diffuser blend for a relaxing and uplifting wintertime scent. To create this blend, add 1 drop of Frankincense oil, 1 drop of Sandalwood oil, and 2 drops of Grapefruit oil to your diffuser, and enjoy in blissful breaths.
8. Brain Health - Take 3 drops of Frankincense once to twice a day and apply topically to the back of the neck.
9. Mobility Support - Take 3 drops of Frankincense in a veggie cap twice a day and apply topically to affected areas.
10. Body & Mind Support - Drip 1-2 drops of Frankincense under your tongue. This habit has a plethora of benefits for your body. Support for your body at a cellular level, and helps to promote emotional stability. Watch what happens when you root this habit daily!
11. Sleep tight - diffuse, apply topically to the back of the neck, chest and the soles of the feet before bed.
12. Dental Health - Apply 1 drop to your toothbrush before applying toothpaste to promote clean gums and mouth.
Frankincense essential oil comes from the Sanaag region of Somaliland, which makes up over a third of the country’s total land. Harvesting frankincense resin is the main source of income. Frankincense comes from the Sanaag Region of the Cal Madow Mountain range. Approximately one-third of Somaliland’s population lives in this region, and Frankincense harvesting is the main source of employment. The trees are passed down through generations, and individual harvesters have access to specific regions by tribal right.
Frankincense has been a valued trade commodity since ancient times by the Egyptians, the Assyrians, the Persians, the Macedonians, and the Kushites. These precious resins comprise what is believed to be the world’s oldest global supply chain.
Normally, frankincense resin is sold to shopkeepers (who then sell it to intermediaries and consolidators for export). This system often takes advantage of the harvesters, who end up being paid the lowest wages for the hardest work.
doTERRA goes directly to the people who harvest and sort resin. doTERRA has contributed to the construction of warehouses where it’s collected, sorted, and stored, which provides important employment opportunities in these remote areas. The warehouses function like a cooperative, organizing harvesters and shopkeepers into a network.
Working at the source provides improved transparency, fairness, employment opportunities, and security for those participating in the supply chain and adding the most value. It’s why I love Co-Impact Sourcing®!
Recently, the doTERRA Healing Hands Foundation® has donated more than $3 million for the development and construction of the Sanaag Specialty Hospital, which is the first functioning health care provider of its kind in the severely under-developed Sanaag region of Somaliland. Access to professional healthcare in the area is not available, forcing many locals to travel very far distances or forgo medical help altogether. This new hospital will provide access to life-saving services to tens of thousands of people living and working in the heart of Somaliland’s resin harvesting area.
For the month of December you can get a FREE 15ml Frankincense worth over £83 with the Home Essentials Kit or bespoke custom kits- drop me a message
to discuss your needs and find out how essential oils could help.
Information given here is not intended as a substitute for medical or veterinary consultation - the author has no liability nor responsibility with respect to any issues occurring out of use such as damage, loss, injury.